Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Creative Voice




No, no, no....I'm not talking about a voice like you speak or sing with...although Macy Gray, Al Jarreau, Norah Jones and a few select others DO possess their own uniquely creative voices! But no lovelies, this isn't what I refer to. I refer to that inner voice, that SPIRIT, inside that dictates/DEMANDS/begs/pleads/FORCES us to create with our hands. How exactly does one find THE ONE amongst all the others? I assume I'm not insane...that I'm NOT the onliest one who have several of them inside her head. And I assume that I'm NOT the onliest one who dabbles in many different forms of craft and has many different crafting personalities. What I'm really trying to get at is this: For those of you who have made a business of your bliss, how did you narrow it down to the thing you love above all? And how did you KNOW it would BE a good business choice? Or did you simply step out on faith, believing in the power of your anointment/appointment/blessing?

3 comments:

dawn said...

finally, you post again. :)

my lowly opinion is if you like doing a lot of things that is your bliss and you should rock it. why narrow yourself down? keep doing what you do. being in a little box is not what is all cracked up to be, honeychild.

Funky Finds said...

thanks so much for visiting Funky Finds!

Missy Sue Hanson said...

I still haven't narrowed it down, lol. Like you, I am far too interested in millions of different things, so I go with the flow and offer what I've made when it strikes my fancy (besides of course the crowns I do on consignment, lol...those I have to do, whether it strikes my fancy or not!)