Monday, November 9, 2009

My Lil Show and Tell

Hello there beautifuls! Yes, once again I have been neglectful of my bloggity spot, but in my defense, there WAS some good reason involved in this stretch. My daughter was here for a two week visit-down from my beloved West By God Virgina. She came to have her 21st birthday. Dear brother ensured it was memorable by showing her the town in Ybor City. That's the historic district of Tampa, and since her birthday is Halloween, it just so happened that Guavaween was going on as well. For those of you who aren't familiar (many of you won't be), Guavaween is a Latin style holiday that combines the sort of Carnival/Mardi Gras celebration with traditional American Halloween. Yep...you got it...thousands upon thousands of near nekkid "costumed" folks drinking and dancing in the streets and trying to catch their beads! Ybor City is a conglomeration of bars/nightclubs, tattoo parlors, art galleries, avant garde fashion boutiques, restaurants, jewelry stores and other various and sundry edgy lil shops. At any rate, all I know for sure is that a good time was had by all....because OF COURSE what happens in Ybor City STAYS in Ybor City! lol





I HAVE been able to work on a couple of things over the weekend, now that I have my house back! ;o) These beauties will be ready for sale by evening, God willin' and the creek don't rise. The angel piece will be another peg hanger and the Christmas piece will be a pin keep. I'll be working on more Christmas things this week. Thank y'all for stoppin' by! xoxo AndieBee

5 comments:

gail said...

Hi Andi,, I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit with your daughter. It sounds like a great time. I love the new pieces you are working on! Your work is awesome! Its so nice seeing you around MMP more, dont be a stranger girly!
(()) gail

lisa said...

Andy, you work is so awesome, I absolutely love the peg hanger. I also love my tomato pin cushion that I bought a while back. It's the sweetest.

Lisa
Pale Pink And Roses

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Andie, Wow! Wow! and Wow! Your work is just so stunning! I am sitting here drooling over the computer. lol I just love your new things. They are so romantic. I hope you have lots of sales this holiday season. . I'm sure you will! Take care and have a great week.
hugs,
Carrie

Carolee Crafts said...

Hello Andi, welcome back you have been missed. I love your stitching and think the angel hanger is beautiful and cannot wait to see them both finished.

laura venosa dellaporta said...

Hi sweet Bee I want One... xoxo Laura