Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


My pretty Momma has been gone from us 8 years now. I still miss her like crazy, but it's true that time has dulled the pain of her loss. I don't think it'll EVER completely heal. But I'm patched up well enough that I can look at her pictures and share the memories without dissolving into a blathering puddle of tears. I reserve that usually for her Christmas Eve birthday. That's definitely the most difficult day even still. Mostly I just laugh out loud when I hear her witty sarcasm in my ear or catch a whiff of the old Avon fragrance Charisma. It's not available anymore which feeds my whimsy that her spirit was near. Indulgent I know and probably unlikely. But it makes me smile just the same. Hope each and every one of you beautiful bodacious Mothers have the sweetest Mother's Day ever...and if you're lucky enough to still have yours...hug her close and tell her how much you love her!

No comments: