Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Book Review: "A Leader's Heart - John Maxwell"

"A Leader's Heart" by John Maxwell is a beautifully bound daily journal perfectly sized to fit into most purses and briefcases. Each day a brief Maxwell quote is given, along with a Bible verse and space for your own reflection. The topic for each day has references to the original Maxwell work it is taken from. This is a fantastic opportunity to expand upon the topic. The book is a great journal for those just stepping into leadership roles. Seasoned leaders may find the simple breakdown a bit lacking. However this journal would serve those individuals well if combined with other books by Maxwell. Peppered with several useful quotes, the journal will prove a useful tool to keep your spirit focused on God as you pursue any leadership role. It would also make a memorable gift to friends, family or co-workers. I will add that I have not completed this book, since it's designed to cover 365 days. I have, however, used it as a personal journaling opportunity in order to give an accurate review. I highly recommend this book.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their Book Review Blogger program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments: